Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Much Over Due Update!

Greetings all!



It's about time I got a new post up here. I have recently relocated to Sudbury, Ontario and just got internet setup last night where I am staying. For those who do not know, I am uphere for a brief 2 month contract with March Entertainment. Seems they are trying to gear their studio more towards the CG side of animation and myself, along with many other talented animators, are helping them get there. I don't think I am free to openly talk about the production much right now, but what I can say is that it is a good time so far, and the overall story is proving to be surprisingly entertaining. I cannot wait to see our work come together.

So as I said before, this is just a short 2 month contract that I am up here for. Since it is currently the summer, I am lucky enough to be able to take up residence at a local college dorm up here while the school year is out. This way I don't have to get locked into a year long lease up here if I do not stay with March after this contract. When I was first hired there was talk about a project coming up after this one, but we will see how that goes as I get closer to the end of this one, which should be around the beginning of August. So far my time with March has been great and they all seem like a fairly friendly bunch and the other new hires seem like a good group of people so far. I think we really need to organize some form of group mingling event though so we can really get to know one another. As it is right now, there are a few people I talk to on a regular basis, but that's only because they sit near me and are staying in the same dorm me. I would really like to get to know everyone else and really find out where they are all coming from in the industry.

As for the city of Sudbury, there's not much to say. It's definitely a less heavily populated area at first glance, and I am sure anyone who is more comfortable with Toronto city life, may have a minor heart attack when they come out here. It's open out here and there is a refreshing lack of constant commercial buildings everywhere. I am still unsure how I feel about the whole area, as I have only been up here for just over a week, but there could definitely be worst places to work. I am fine with it for now, and the company up here is great, so that will definitely make the experience more enjoyable. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect since I had never been up this way before, and everytime I told someone that I was going up here for work I got the same response, "Oh, really? Sudbury? Why?" Not very inspiring words, right? I t could be worst though, and I'll see how I feel in time.

The important thing is that I am animating professionally again and the project is kicking ass so far. It's nice to be looking forward to working again!

Thanks for stopping by to read this and please let me know what you think of it all. Ever been up this way before? If so, let me know what I should be doing during my off time!

Take it easy,

Daniel

1 comment:

  1. you should go to one of the mine tours and get some candy rocks lol i think i was 7 when i was in sudbury. not a whole lot there to see

    ReplyDelete